Friday, May 2, 2014

NATURAL BEAUTY: Honey & Sugar (Lip) Scrub

This is my favourite homemade scrub recipe ever.

Inicially this recipe was for a lip scrub, but works for all your body. I started making it years ago, in winter when my lips were dry, chapped and nothing worked to nourish them. I wanted to keep them healthy but nothing worked. Then I read about this easy recipe and I gave it a try. Now it's one of my winter beauty essencials. 

If you want to try this here is what you need: 

  • 1 part sugar (white sugar or brown sugar) 
  • 1 part honey. 
  • Optional: Essencial oil of your choise (I like to add 1 or 2 drops of lavender EO. Make sure is essencial oil and not one of those fragance or perfume ones).



Instructions: mix all the ingredients thoroghly and apply to clean skin. Massage and rinse with lukewarm water. It's sticky, so be warned :)

Obviously if you only want to make lip scrub you only need to mix 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon honey (and 1 drop EO). If you want to have a scrub for all your body I mix 1 cup each and a few drops EO. I don't count the drops. I just add them until the smell seems right to me, and sometimes I don't use oils.

I know some people add oil (olive oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil...) to this recipe. I don't, but I'm sure your skin must feel very smooth after that. If I ever try it with oil I'll post it.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias por tu mensaje!
Thanks for your message!

Related Posts
Blogging tips