Sunday, April 27, 2014

MAKE UP FOR EVER MAT VELVET + FOUNDATION

I was trying to find me a good foundation for oily skin when the SA told me that I should try this one. She gave me a sample so that I could try it on and the next day there I was, buying it!


This foundation has good coverege for me (but I still need some concealer) and my skin looks matte. It's long lasting and when I use it I don’t do touch ups as frequently as I do when I use a different foundation. It's buildable, and easy to buff in your skin if it's moisturized. It doesn't matter if I apply it with my fingers, a foundation brush or a sponge, it will be easy to apply and blend, except if my skin is feeling dehidrated, in that case I find it very hard to apply and blend.

I always apply moisturizer and primer to ensure I get the finish I want and this way, it lasts even longer. I also like to apply some finishing powder after it, though it really has a matte finish and some people don't need powder with this foundation.

Make Up For Ever state that this is a water-resistant foundation, but I don't wear foundation when I go to the pool or the beach, so... I'm not sure what to think about that.


I have this foundation in two different shades. I have #35 (vanilla) and #40 (natural beige). Sometimes I mix them, sometimess I don't. Both colors blend easily with my skin tone. It changes during the year, hence the two different shades. 

As you can see in the picture, #35 is darker than #40. Both have yellow undertone, that's why they fit me, but I find that #40 suits me almost all year round, and #35 is more for the summer months or sometimes, for contouring instead of using bronzer.

One of the most important things about this foundation is that it's non comedogenic and it won't irritate your skin. At least, it does not irritate mine, and I don't break out either when I use it.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias por tu mensaje!
Thanks for your message!

Related Posts
Blogging tips